Sunday, February 3, 2013

365 Days of Pinterest Day 11 ~ Oreo Cappuccino Poke Pudding Cake.


Oreo Pudding Poke Cake  




The original pin seemed so enticing  ..  I have to be honest, I followed the recipe in the original pin and I did not like it at all ... I began this 365 Days of Pinterest to find out what pins I like and what pins didn't work .. so I would say YUCK to this pin ... it was pretty bland and the pudding made it seem slimy.  So I re made it my way and improved it a bit ... 

Here is the original pin


http://pinterest.com/pin/267119821620483457/





INGREDIENTS

~ Chocolate cake mix; **  The original pin called for a box cake mix, I made my first cake with a box mix and found it to be tasteless so Iv included my chocolate cake mix recipe on the bottom of this page .. its so chocolaty and good.  Its worth the extra time.
~ Crushed Oreos (I used 2 cups)
~Frosting; I used Betty Croker whipped 
~ Instant Pudding; 2 boxes.  The original recipe calls for Jello Oreo Pudding.  For my second cake I added instant coffee.
~ Instant coffee - 2 tbs ( I used Tim Hortons Instant Cappuccino) 
~ 1 cup confections sugar




Crush Your Oreos. I just used my fingers to break the oreos apart then laid them in a flat bowl and crushed them with a big spoon.


Bake your cake.  Use a super cute vintage bowl like my bird heart bowl ... tee hee



2 min before the cake is done make your pudding.  My tweaks
**Add 2 tbs of instant coffee mix to your pudding and blend well.  
** add one cup confectioners sugar
Let your pudding thicken a bit.  5 min should be fine.


poke your cake.  I used a wooden spoon end .. 


Pour in your pudding .. pour it into the holes and 'sweep' the execs pudding over the top and into the holes.






Let your cake set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  Frost.



Add your crushed Oreos



As I said .. Yuck to the original recipe   

How to improve it. 

Make your cake from scratch
(if you want cappuccino flavor) add 2 tbs of instant coffee 
add 1 cup confectioners sugar to your pudding



Daisey's Chocolate Cake Mix (Daisey is my daughter .. shes the baker in our family)

1 1/3 cup all purpose Flour
2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking Soda
1.2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sugar
10 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs

1. Preheat oven at 350 F

2.  combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.  In a 2 cup liquid measure, mix milk and vanilla and set aside

3. In a large bowl beat sugar and butter just until blended.  Use your mixer on high.  beat 3 min until it is light and creamy.  Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time.

4.  Add flour mixture alternately with milk mixture.  

5.  Cook 22 - 25 min


Verdict... The cake is MUCH better made from scratch instead of the box mix .. but even then I wont be making the cake again .. try it if you'd like .. if you have any other tweaks to improve the recipe please let me know .. I really wanted this to be Yum :)



1 comment:

  1. With its mild flavor and firm texture, yellowfin adapts well to numerous applications. poke franchise by the pacific poke

    ReplyDelete